Neutral Labs is on a mission to develop devices that have an aspect of uniqueness and are sonically useful, easy to build, aesthetically pleasing and affordable.
And we also care about:
Neutral Labs is committed to free sharing of intellectual property:
- All schematics and PCB designs can be used freely for any private or educational purpose, but not commercially.
- All open-source code can be used under the license found in the code repository.
- All audio samples, software audio instruments and software audio effects by Neutral Labs can be used free of charge in any way and for any purpose. This includes commercial use. No attribution is required.
- The name “Neutral Labs” as well as the logo cannot be used for commercial purposes.
If you’re unsure about usage terms, please ask: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While it doesn't have a significant ecological impact globally, relatively speaking, the construction of electronic audio devices for private purposes still leaves a certain footprint regarding carbon dioxide through shipping, hazardous materials during manufacturing, waste through packaging and in other areas. Neutral Labs recognises that far too little is currently being done to combat the climate crisis and widespread environmental damage, and remains committed to help in small or big ways where possible.
- certified biodegradable paper packaging or reused materials (except for ESD protective packaging – please get in contact if you have a viable alternative)
- use of renewable raw material (bamboo) for synth cases
- 100% carbon neutral electricity in our own lab
- carbon neutral shipping
- lead-free PCBs and front panels
- lead-free and fair solder used for assembled devices (Stannol HS10-Fair using European secondary raw materials and sustainably produced Brazil rosin)
- USB powered synth means no additional power adapter needed
- many components locally sourced in Europe